There have been fears action could affect the Offshore Europe event
A planned strike by bus drivers in Aberdeen has been suspended after staff were offered a revised pay deal.
The Unite union said there would be no industrial action next week, following talks with bus operator First.
Fears had been expressed that the city could be damaged by strikes during the Offshore Europe conference, which starts on Tuesday.
After debating the revised offer, Tommy Campbell of Unite said workers had agreed to suspend next week's action.
They also agreed to support the union's recommendation that members vote in favour of the revised offer.
A ballot will take place over the weekend with the count scheduled for Monday.
Mr Campbell said: "We welcomed the opportunity to have further talks today.
"We do wish to resolve this dispute and hopefully with this revised offer, it will be enough to bring the dispute to an end."
John Stewart, leader of Aberdeen City Council, said: "I am clearly pleased that First and T&G Unite have reached a place where an offer could be made that the unions can recommend.
"I am especially pleased that the action planned for next week looks like it will no longer be taking place and there will be no unnecessary disruption for the thousands of international visitors travelling to Aberdeen or to the city's residents during that busy week."
About 40,000 people attended the four-day Offshore Europe event in 2007.
This year's conference and exhibition runs from 8 to 11 September and is expected to generate millions of pounds for the local economy.
A series of walkouts have been held over the summer as the parties failed to reach an agreement over pay.
The latest industrial action was announced earlier this week after 81% of drivers, garage workers and cleaners rejected a previous offer in a ballot.