An Aberdeenshire councillor who voted against Donald Trump's £1bn golf resort plans claims she was later assaulted at home, BBC Scotland can reveal.
Debra Storr said she was assaulted at home on Friday morning
Debra Storr, 47, was one of the councillors who went against the US billionaire's plans for Menie Estate.
She claims she was verbally abused and pushed at her home on Friday morning.
A Grampian Police spokesman later said: "A 59-year-old female has been interviewed and charged in connection with a minor disturbance".
Mr Trump is now considering an appeal after Aberdeenshire Council's infrastructure services committee narrowly rejected the plans on Thursday.
Liberal Democrat Ms Storr told BBC Scotland she had been involved in an incident on Friday morning which left her distressed and called in police.
She said of the vote decision: "I was just doing what I thought was right.
"There were so many problems with the application that it was clear it should be turned down. I hope the Trump Organisation comes back."
Mr Trump said he was surprised by the council refusal.
The controversial project was given outline planning approval last week, but then went to Aberdeenshire Council's infrastructure committee. It rejected the plans on the chairman Martin Ford's casting vote after a tied vote.
The US tycoon is considering an appeal against the decision
A spokeswoman for Mr Trump told BBC Scotland: "We are surprised by the decision, it would have been a great development.
"We are considering an appeal, and also considering doing something very spectacular in another location. Sadly, it will not be in Scotland."
Opposition to the scheme has included environmental groups and some local residents.
Protesters have claimed that the resort would have a major impact on wildlife and destroy a beautiful part of Scotland.
A spokesperson for the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds welcomed the refusal.
However, the chairman of Aberdeen City and Shire Economic Forum (Acsef), Patrick Machray, and Geoff Runcie, the chief executive of Aberdeen and Grampian Chamber of Commerce, criticised the decision.
The Trump International Links plan includes two championship golf courses and 1,500 homes.
The US tycoon claimed he needed to build the houses to pay for the development, which he wants to construct over the next five years at the 1,400 acre site near Balmedie.
Councillors on the Formartine area committee backed the plans last week by seven votes to four.
The development then went to the more powerful infrastructure services committee.