The fire caused extensive smoke damage to the hall
Police have said a blaze at a church hall in the east end of Glasgow was "wilful fire-raising".
Baillieston Evangelical Church hall, in Church Street, Baillieston, was set alight at about 0120 BST on Tuesday.
The fire caused substantial smoke damage and extensive repairs will have to be carried out.
Police have described the incident as a "despicable and irresponsible act" and appealed for anyone with information to contact them.
Det Sgt Roland Craig, of Strathclyde Police, said: "The hall is used by various groups in the community including senior citizens and children.
"In fact, senior citizens in the area were due to hold a lunch there today to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the building of the hall. This has now been cancelled.
"There is also a nursery attached to the hall and due to the fire the children have been decanted to other premises.
"This despicable and irresponsible act will deprive local people of a very important local resource for some time and I would urge anyone who has any information regarding those responsible for starting the fire to come forward."