Projection of stained glass windows onto Maryhill Burgh Halls
One of Glasgow's most at-risk historic buildings is to be brought back into public use.
The Heritage Lottery Fund has awarded £990,000 to transform Maryhill Burgh Halls and an adjacent former police station into a "community hub".
A public hall, a cafe, office space and a commercial and community recording studio will be among the new resources.
The halls were opened in 1878. It has lain empty for eight years and is on the city's buildings at risk register.
The restoration will also see a collection of 20 stained glass windows conserved and returned to the Burgh Halls.
Designed by the studio of Stephen Adam, they depict the 19th century trades of Maryhill, including linen bleachers, canal boatmen and calico printers.
The windows were removed in 1963 and most have been kept in storage at the Burrell Collection.
They have been recreated using animation and light and images of the windows are currently projected onto the building each evening in the run up to their return.
Colin McLean, head of the Heritage Lottery Fund in Scotland, said: "This important civic building has given the community of Maryhill a heart for over 100 years, a symbol of history and identity that cannot be replaced. Today it stands empty and derelict.
"We believe that breathing new life into the Burgh Halls will not only re-establish it as a centre of community life and make a marked contribution to the economics of the area but will also give a renewed sense of pride.
"This major investment is exciting news and an important step forward in the revitalisation of modern-day Maryhill."