The post office in Wright Street, Renfrew, is among those to be closed
The Post Office is to close 43 branches across the west of Scotland.
A statement said the offices, in Ayrshire, Inverclyde, Renfrewshire, Dunbartonshire and Lanarkshire, would begin closing from November 2008.
One branch in Ayr has been withdrawn from the closure plan after it emerged during a consultation that a high number of elderly people lived locally.
The SNP and Scottish Conservatives said the closures would have a devastating impact on local communities.
The Post Office said seven branches would be replaced "by an outreach solution", details of which would be confirmed at a future date.
It is also proposing to close one further branch - Linwood Post Office - and will start a six-week public consultation on 7 October.
During the consultation process for the 43 closures, the Post Office said it had received 5,220 responses and attended more than 80 meetings with customers
Sally Buchanan, Post Office network development manager for Scotland, said all feedback from customers had been taken on board.
She said: "These are difficult decisions which have not been taken lightly. We have considered very carefully all the comments made during the public consultation.
"We believe that the amended plan announced today offers our customers across Ayrshire, Inverclyde Lanarkshire and Renfrewshire the best prospect for a sustainable network in the future, bearing in mind the UK Government's minimum access criteria and the other factors it has asked us to consider."
Several SNP MSPs, whose constituencies are affected by the closures, said Labour MPs at Westminster were to blame.
The party's Central Scotland MSP, Jamie Hepburn, said: "These are swingeing cuts from the Post Office and will have a very serious impact across the region.
"It is now for those of us who campaigned against the closure to work to secure the best possible support for these communities.
"The Labour MPs who voted for these closures will pay the price for their decision at the next election."
Scottish Conservative MSP for the West of Scotland, Jackson Carlaw, said the Labour Government at Westminster held "the record for closing post offices".
"It has shown time and again that it simply doesn't understand the social value of local post office branches, he said.
"Ministers have taken no account of the needs of disabled people or the elderly - those who stand to be hit hardest by these closures.
"Sadly, instead of giving local post offices the opportunity they need to thrive, Labour seems happier to simply close them down."
The full list of post offices branches set to close is:
Airdrie and Shotts
- Eastfield, 9 Old Eastfield Street, Harthill
- Whinhall, 21 Whinhall Road, Airdrie
- Plains, 115 Main Street, Plains
Ayr, Carrick and Cumnock
- Southend, 197 Dalrymple Street, Girvan
- Turnberry Post Office, 4 Maidens Road, Turnberry
- Newtonhead, 80 Main Street, Ayr
- Loans, The Post Office, Troon
- Moorfield Road, 30-32 Moorfield Road, Prestwick
- The Post Office, 37 Thornhouse Avenue, Irvine
Coatbridge, Chryston and Bellshill
- Blairhill, 154 Bank Street, Coatbridge
- Sunnyside, 1-4 Russell Colt Street, Coatbridge, ML5 2BN
Cumbernauld Kilsyth and Kirkintilloch
- Banton, 96 Main Street, Banton
- Waterside, Burnbrae Road, Kirkintilloch
- Kildrum, Afton Road, Cumbernauld
- Queenzieburn, Meadowside Road, Kilsyth
- Rosebank, 39 Lammermoor Road, Kirkintilloch
East Kilbride Strathaven and Lesmahagow
- Bankhead, Lesmahagow,
- Westwood, 27-29 Westwood Square, East Kilbride
- Brougham St, 25 Brougham Street, Greenock
- Glasgow Rd, 1 Mansion Avenue, Port Glasgow
- Rankin Park, 182 Dunlop Street, Greenock
- Midton, 58 Tower Drive, Gourock
Kilmarnock and Loudoun
- Bonnyton, 25 Munro Avenue, Kilmarnock
Lanark and Hamilton East
- Quarter, 21A Limekilburn Road, Hamilton
- Westport, The Post Office, Lanark
- Hareleeshill, 40A Hareleeshill Road, Larkhall
- New Lanark, Mill 3, Visitors Centre, New Lanark
Motherwell and Wishaw
- Waterloo, 103 Overtown Road, Wishaw
- Cambusnethan, 98 Cambusnethan Street, Wishaw
- Thorndean, 205 Motherwell Road, Bellshill
- Mossend, 3 Hope Street, Bellshill
- West Cross, 339 Main Street, Wishaw
North Ayrshire and Arran
- Ardeer, 14 Station Road, Ardeer
- Baird Ave, 15-19 Baird Avenue, Kilwinning
- Fairlie, 89 Main Road, Fairlie
- Gladstone Road, The Post Office, 19 Gladstone Road, Saltcoats
- Glengarnock, 31 Main Road, Glengarnock, Beith
Paisley and Renfrewshire North
- Arkleston Road, 78 Arkleston Road, Paisley
- Glasgow Airport, (temp closed) Abbotsinch
- Wright St, The Post Office, 3 Wright Street, Renfrew
Paisley and Renfrewshire South
- Graham St, 44-46 Macdowall Street, Johnstone
Rutherglen and Hamilton West
- Coatshill, 56 Coatshill Avenue, Blantyre
- Mill St, 10 Wallace Street, Rutherglen
The branch which was excluded from closure following public consultation is:
- Forehill, 23 Mount Oliphant Crescent, Ayr
The Renfrewshire branch subject to further consultation is:
- Linwood, Burnbrae Avenue, Paisley, PA3 3DD
The following seven branches, which are proposed for replacement by an outreach solution, are:
- Dailly, 64 Main Street, Dailly
- Dunure, Harbour Stores, Dunure
- Kirkmichael, Jocks Restauraunt, 24 Patna Road
- Minishant, 24 Main Street, Minishant
- Ochiltree, 108 Main Street, Ochiltree, Cumnock
- Rankinston, Rankinston PO, 2a Kerse Terrace, Rankinston
- Straiton, 42 Main Street, Straiton