The SNP has held the ward of Baillieston on Glasgow City Council.
David Turner was elected to represent the ward in a by-election prompted by the resignation of John Mason.
Mr Mason left the council following his victory for the SNP in the Glasgow East by-election, a seat which used to be one of Labour's safest in Westminster.
Turnout at the Baillieston by-election was 22.68%. The Single Transferable Vote System was used, which lists candidates in order of preference.
The candidates who contested the by-election and votes gained were:
- John Anderson, Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party, 259
- Charles Baillie, British National Party, 73
- Moira A Crawford, Scottish Green Party, 45
- Ian Dickie, Scottish Unionist Party, 43
- David Jackson, Scottish Liberal Democrats, 159
- Tricia McLeish, Solidarity, 74
- Andy Muir, Scottish Labour Party, 2167
- Daniel O'Donnell, Scottish Socialist Party, 58
- David Turner, Scottish National Party, 2318