A public swimming pool has been closed as a precaution after a man was taken to hospital with Legionnaires' disease.
Hamilton Water Palace in South Lanarkshire closed its pool after an investigation into the possible source of the infection was launched.
It is understood the infected man is being treated as an isolated case. The pool is likely to reopen on Wednesday.
Initial symptoms are similar to those of flu but it can develop into a potentially fatal disease.
It is caused by the bacterium Legionella and usually has an incubation period of between two and 10 days.
The bacteria which cause Legionnaires' Disease are common in the environment but illness only occurs when water containing the bacteria becomes airborne water droplets.
It cannot be passed from one person to another.
Patients usually respond well to treatment with certain common antibiotics.
Anyone concerned they may be suffering from the symptoms of Legionnaires' disease is urged to contact their GP.