Journalists at a leading Scottish newspaper group have suspended their ongoing strike action.
Journalists from all three titles have been involved in the action
The industrial dispute at Newsquest (Herald and Times Group) has focused on the issue of compulsory redundancies.
National Union of Journalists (NUJ) organisers said further action had been suspended ahead of talks next week on a new production system.
Newsquest said the new talks would look at the implementation of technology and its potential effects on staff.
A spokesman for the NUJ said that the papers' management had accepted an agreement which lifted the threat of immediate compulsory redundancies.
Ahead of Tuesday's talks, Tim Blott, of Newsquest (Herald and Times), said: "If it is established that the new system may lead to redundancies, then the parameters of the talks will begin with the previously agreed process.
"This will entail seeking volunteers, early retirements, re-training, re-deployment and any other alternative before discussing the possibility of demands for compulsory redundancies."
About 250 journalists at The Herald, Sunday Herald and Evening Times newspapers have been involved in two 24-hour strikes over the past fortnight. Plans for further action this weekend have now been put on hold.