Police have warned that bigoted behaviour will not be tolerated at an Orange march being held in Glasgow on Saturday.
Police arrested 20 people during last year's parade
About 18,000 people, including 182 lodges and 90 bands, are expected to take part in the County Grand Orange Lodge Parade through the city.
A total of 20 people were arrested at last year's march, 13 of which were for sectarian breaches of the peace.
The parade will leave Blythswood Square at about 1030 BST.
Assistant Chief Constable Kevin Smith said: "Recently the force made a commitment jointly with the Scottish Executive, Glasgow City Council, the Loyal Orange Lodge and other marching organisations to ensure that we will do all we can do to tackle the abusive and bigoted behaviour that is unfortunately attracted to this and other types of marches.
"Officers will be deployed to allow the march to proceed freely and to minimise disruption.
"The majority of those taking part uphold the law. However, I would remind everybody, particularly those who come to walk alongside the parade, that abusive, bigoted behaviour will not be tolerated and where the law is broken people can expect to be arrested."
ACC Smith said the number one priority for Saturday was safety on the streets of Glasgow.
He added that people and organisations had the right to march, but with that right came responsibility.
"That responsibility is about ensuring people behave themselves, act within the boundaries of the law and respect the rights of others who want to go about their daily business," he said.
"It is about accepting that responsibility and showing respect."
Strathclyde Police warned that the march would cause major disruption and asked people travelling into the city to allow extra time for their journeys.
The procession to Glasgow Green is expected to take at least two hours. At 1600 BST marchers will then move through the city centre before heading off on the reverse routes home.
Robert McLean, executive officer of the Grand Orange Lodge of Scotland, said last year's trouble came from onlookers, not people marching in the parade.
"We had asked the police to be more robust in dealing with these people," he said.
"This year we have been working very closely with police, council and Scottish Executive to put plans in place and hopefully the police will be robust again.
"As far as we are concerned it will be a tremendous day and one of the most colourful processions to take place in the city."
He added that 6,000 people and 30 bands would also be taking part in a separate parade in Johnston.