Susan Boyle still lives in her council house despite chart success
Singer Susan Boyle said she was "fine" after disturbing an intruder inside her West Lothian house.
The man ran out when Boyle arrived home in Blackburn on Tuesday night.
It is understood that the talent show internet star had just flown back from London after helping to record the Helping Haiti charity single.
Lothian and Borders Police earlier said Boyle had been left "very distressed" by the incident. Officers detained a teenager, but he was later released.
A spokesman said they were called to an address in Blackburn after reports of a disturbance.
He added: "The owner was very distressed to find someone had been within her home and we are keen to speak to anyone who can assist with our investigations."
However, on Wednesday Boyle smiled, waved and gave the thumbs-up to well-wishers outside her home.
She said: "I'm fine. It's in the hands of the police now."
After the intruder ran off a 16-year-old man was held and questioned before being released without charge.
Detectives have now appealed for witnesses.
They said the intruder was described as white, between 15 and 16 years old, between 5ft 4in and 5ft 8in tall, with a slim build.
He was wearing a dark jacket and dark trousers.
Despite her global success, Boyle, the Britain's Got Talent runner-up, has not moved from the council house she has lived in since she was a child.
Her album, I Dreamed A Dream, went straight to number one in the charts and set a record for the best first week's sale for a debut.