A takeaway in West Lothian has been closed after a routine inspection by environmental health officers uncovered "very poor hygiene" standards.
The action was taken after officers visited Wok World, in West Main Street, Armadale on Tuesday.
They found a significant infestation of mice and a further infestation of insects. The premises were in a "filthy condition" with "serious disrepair".
A notice was served to close the premises immediately.
"Anyone who runs a local business in a way which puts public health at risk will be dealt with severely," said West Lothian Council's environmental health spokesman.
"It is disappointing for officers to discover premises which are being operated without any concern for the safety of their customers.
"Poor hygiene standards can lead to food poisoning, which is at best unpleasant and at worst fatal.
"Business which do not operate safe standards of hygiene will face closure and prosecution."