The girl was injured at C venues in Chambers Street
A girl has been treated in hospital after a skylight broke causing glass to land on her face while she was watching a show at the Edinburgh Fringe.
The youngster, who is understood to be five, was injured during a performance of the Little Mermaid at C +3 venue on Chambers Street.
The emergency services were called just after noon and the area was evacuated.
An audience member said he heard a huge crash followed by a girl screaming and said the performers looked "shocked".
The 36-year-old, who did not wish to be named, said: "Everybody sat in a stunned silence but it took about five to 10 minutes for staff to get a first aid kit to the girl."
'Safe and ready'
A Scottish Ambulance spokesman said: "We received a call at 1207 BST to a young child who was taken to the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh."
Hartley Kemp, C venues artistic director, said: "During a performance of The Little Mermaid on 4 August, a section of glass fell from a skylight above the audience.
"The performance was stopped and the audience was evacuated until the space could be made safe.
"First aiders assisted one audience member who was injured, and an ambulance was called.
"The University of Edinburgh, who own the building, have arranged repairs to the skylight, and the theatre space is now safe and ready to reopen later on Monday."