A toddler has been rescued by firefighters after becoming trapped at the top of an escalator at a shop in Ayr, emergency services have said.
The young girl had become trapped travelling on an escalator
The three-year-old girl stopped breathing and turned blue when she got stuck between the rubber handrail and a side partition at the H&M store.
Strathclyde Fire and Rescue said a male shopper broke the glass partition to relieve the pressure on the girl.
She was taken to Ayr Hospital where her injuries are not thought to be serious.
One of the first firefighters on the scene carried out mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to bring the youngster round.
A spokesman for Strathclyde Fire and Rescue said it was likely the girl had been playing at the top of the escalator, had spotted a gap and tried to squeeze through.