A young footballer has been electrocuted at Falkirk FC's training ground after equipment he was carrying came into contact with power lines.
Falkirk FC said it would be in touch with the player's relatives
Craig Gowans, 17, was carrying a 20ft long pole for nets which touched the lines above the Little Kerse sports ground in Grangemouth on Friday.
He was on a full-time contract with the club and played in the under-17 team.
The club's tour of the north of England scheduled for next week has been cancelled as has a fun day on Saturday.
It is believed the pole he was carrying was to be used for transportable nets behind normal football goals to catch balls which missed the target.
The ground was full of teams of all age ranges ready for a pre-season training session.
The senior team manager, John Hughes, is also understood to have been present.
He said: "Everyone at the club is devastated and football is not in our mind at this time."
Central Scotland Police have launched an investigation into the teenager's death and a report would be sent to the procurator fiscal.
A spokesman for Scottish Power said: "A full investigation is under way into this incident. We would like to extend our sympathies to this unfortunate young man's next-of-kin."