A fish factory worker almost died after a Christmas kiss at a works night out provoked a severe allergic reaction.
The teenager revealed that he had a nut allergy
Jamie Stewart, 17, went into anaphylactic shock at the dance in Dingwall in the Scottish Highlands when he kissed his workmate Liza Macfarquharn under the mistletoe.
The teenager has a peanut allergy and Liza had just eaten a bag of nuts.
Jamie's throat began to swell up and he began to go into shock.
Liza, a trained first aider, said she immediately knew that something was wrong and her friend needed hospital treatment.
She told BBC Radio Scotland: "It was a Christmas kiss after I had been eating peanuts.
"I realised something was wrong when he asked if I had been eating peanuts and said he was allergic to them.
"His throat started to swell up and I kept his airway open and phoned an ambulance."
Liza said Jamie was still conscious but his lips started going blue.
The former Army cadet kept him in the recovery position until an ambulance arrived at the British Legion club in Dingwall.
Jamie was taken to Raigmore Hospital in Inverness and was able to return to the dance after treatment.
He was even able to walk Liza home after the party.
Jamie was not available for comment.