The world famous Burrell Collection in Glasgow has marked the 20th anniversary of it going on display to the public.
The museum was opened on a specially chosen site
The collection of 9,000 works of art was gifted to the city of Glasgow in 1944 by the shipping magnate Sir William Burrell.
However, strict regulations about where it could be shown meant it was almost 40 years before it found a home.
The museum, which contains hundreds of priceless exhibits, was built in 1983 for £22m and houses one of the largest collections of art ever amassed by one person.
It was situated in Pollok Country Park because of Sir William's fears about air pollution, meaning it had to be shown no fewer than 16 miles from the centre of Glasgow.
Take a tour, 20 years after the priceless exhibits went on display
He died in 1958 and it was to take another 35 years and a change to his will to find the collection a home.
The building was officially opened by the Queen and has since attracted over six million visitors.
The anniversary was marked quietly with many of the original museum staff and volunteers returning for the occasion.