Families of those inolved in the Dunblane school massacre have called for further information on the man responsible.
Hamilton killed 16 children and a teacher
The call came after all police reports on Thomas Hamilton were made public.
The reports on Hamilton were not due to be released for 100 years but Lord Advocate Colin Boyd QC said "exceptional circumstances" led to the decision.
There had been speculation that the reports linked Hamilton to several high profile Scots and Mr Boyd's move is being viewed as a way to quash those rumours.
They have not divulged the whole lot and we want everything to be made public
But Dunblane families do not believe Tuesday's disclosures go far enough.
The reports fail to shed light on why the authorities failed to prevent Hamilton's gun licence being renewed, or his alleged links to the Masonic movement.
Mr Boyd said there was some editing of the documents released to the public to protect children mentioned in them.
Thomas Hamilton broke into Dunblane Primary School on 13 March, 1996 and opened fire on a class in the gym, killing 16 children and a teacher.
In addition to those killed, he injured 12 other children and two teachers before killing himself.
The documents, which date from 1988 to 1993, include a report to the procurator fiscal about Hamilton's earlier involvement in a children's camp.
The Crown Office denied the ban was imposed to conceal links between Hamilton and a number of prominent Scots.
Colin Boyd spoke of "exceptional circumstances"
Instead it said it was designed to protect the identities of children involved.
In a statement the lord advocate said none of the reports contained allegations against politicians or other prominent figures.
"Given the sensitive nature of much of the material, which might cause anguish to those involved, my prime concern in considering this request has been to ensure that the privacy of those children referred to in the report
should be maintained," he said.
One document details a complaint by a parent whose child attended a youth club at Stirling High School.
The parent, whose name was blanked out, made the complaint in July 1993 and claimed their child had been set to attend football coaching run by Hamilton.
But it was subsequently discovered the boy had been made to wear a tight gym costume and carry out gymnastics while photographs were taken of him.
The police report raised concerns that Hamilton "induces certain children to dress in very tight, ill fitting tunics which he provides for them outwith the knowledge of parents" and took photographs of them in "questionable circumstances".
It also stated Hamilton had been reported to the procurator fiscal on two occasions over his behaviour to children, but it is not clear what happened to those cases.
Frank Blake, whose teacher wife Mary survived the massacre, welcomed the disclosure but said questions still remained.
He said: "They have not divulged the whole lot and we want everything to be made public.
Bereaved families wanted the ban lifted
"They shouldn't just be divulging part of the evidence."
The families wanted to know why the ban was imposed in the first place, Mr Blake added.
"What is so important to hide?"
Witness statements and photocopies of reports are to be made available at the National Archives of Scotland in Edinburgh.
Charlie Clydesdale, whose daughter Victoria was killed, was among those who called for the reports on Hamilton to be made public.
Scottish National Party MSP Michael Matheson campaigned for disclosure after being contacted by a number of families affected by the tragedy.