Policies announced by the Liberal Democrats during their conference week in Bournemouth.
- New tax on all properties worth more than £1m, on a sliding scale pegged to their value.
- Raising income tax thresholds to £10,000
- 10,000 more university places and 50,000 more college places this year
- Paid internship scheme
- Guarantee of work or training for all young people out of work for 90 days
- 3,000 new midwives
- Review of public sector pensions including retirement age
- Ward sisters in hospitals to get powers over budgets
- Party members also approved a number of previously announced policies including: an increase in armed forces pay, extending free childcare, expanding the right to flexible working, regulation of airbrushing of adverts, full disclosure in energy bills, abolition of child trust funds, no overall increase in public sector pay, no renewal of Trident and a cut in the number of MPs, ministers and departments.