MPs should have been told of new Metropolitan Police rules of engagement to tackle suspected suicide bombers, a former trade union leader has said.
The shooting of Mr Menezes has caused anger in Brazil
Sir Bill Morris voiced concerns about orders to shoot suspects in the head and not in the body.
The policy has so far claimed the life of Brazilian Jean Charles de Menezes, who was shot eight times last week.
Sir Bill, who chaired a probe into Met professional standards, said there had been no debate about shoot-to-kill.
About to attack?
Speaking on the day of the Mr Menezes' burial, the former leader of the Transport and General Workers Union said Home Secretary Charles Clarke should have personally signed-off the new approach.
Met chief Sir Ian Blair has said the same approach would be taken again if officers feared they faced a suicide bomber about to attack.
In an interview for GMTV's Sunday programme, Sir Bill said that if he had been chased by non-uniformed people carrying guns, like Mr Menezes, he would have run away.
The Metropolitan Police has apologised for the "tragedy" of Mr Menezes' death. An investigation into the operation continues.