Nelson McCausland has asked the GAA to carry out an investigation
Sports Minister Nelson McCausland has called on the GAA to investigate a hunger strike commemoration held at one of its grounds at the weekend.
The sports minister said photographs of a paramilitary display held at the event at Galbally GAA ground in County Tyrone were posted on the internet.
Sinn Fein's Barry McElduff said the photos were not taken on GAA grounds.
"He is talking about a series of role plays involving actors on roads in County Tyrone on Sunday last," he said.
Mr McCausland, who criticised the GAA for allowing the commemoration to be held on its grounds earlier this week, said: "I am sure that many senior figures in the GAA will be as horrified as I am that a sports ground was used for this type of activity.
"I would encourage the GAA to carry out a full investigation into the activities of 16 August at Galbally and to make a full statement as soon as possible."
The club at Galbally which hosted the event, received funding of £200,000 from the sports department through Sport Northern Ireland earlier this year.
Questioned on this, Mr McCausland said the events on Sunday had raised "important questions" that the department would "want to look at very carefully".