Page last updated at 12:32 GMT, Tuesday, 7 July 2009 13:32 UK

Twelfth 'will draw more tourists'

Thousands turned out to watch Orangemen parade through Belfast
Thousands turned out for last year's parades

The Orange Order has said this year's Twelfth of July celebrations will attract more people into Belfast than ever before.

Shops and restaurants are to remain open in the city centre for the first time. Buses and trains will be running throughout the day.

It's hoped international street entertainers will attract visitors.

William Humphries of the Orange Order said he believed this year's event would surpass last year's.



Print Sponsor



FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

BBC iD

Sign in

BBC navigation

Copyright © 2019 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific