A court hearing on whether Catholic Church documents can be examined by an inquiry into alleged sexual abuse of children has been delayed for a week.
Cardinal Desmond Connell is taking legal action
The former Catholic archbishop of Dublin is taking legal action against the inquiry into clerical abuse claims.
Cardinal Desmond Connell has said his successor should not have given files to the inquiry.
On Monday, a Dublin High Court judge adjourned the hearing to give legal teams time to prepare for the case.
The court was told this will enable barristers to deliver opposition papers to the legal team representing Cardinal Connell.
The current archbishop of Dublin, Diarmuid Martin, previously told the inquiry he would be willing to hand over all diocesan files on abuse claims including those with legal exemption.
It is understood the 5,000 files in question relate to both legal advice after allegations were made against priests as well as the insurance implications.
Cardinal Connell then secured a temporary order blocking the release of the files.
He argues they are covered by client/solicitor confidentiality and he is the client, not the archdiocese.
At Monday's hearing, Mr Justice Iarfhlaith O'Neill ordered that the interim injunction remain in place, and told both parties the court would work to facilitate the case as the work of a public tribunal may be held up.