The families of Omagh bomb victims will be able to follow the trial on a video link between Belfast Crown Court and Omagh College, it has emerged.
Twenty-nine people died in Omagh bombing in August 1998
The trial of Sean Gerard Hoey, 37, of Molly Road, Jonesborough, Armagh, is due to resume on Monday after being adjourned earlier this month.
He denies involvement in the bombing in August 1998 in which 29 people died including a woman pregnant with twins.
The video link was set up at the request of a relatives' support group.
It will operate between Laganside Courts in Belfast and Omagh College and will be available for the duration of the trial.
Michael Gallagher, chairman of the Omagh Victims' Group, welcomed the move.
He said: "It is the first time every in Northern Ireland that there has been a video link.
"We think it is important that the families who are directly affected can go into Omagh and they don't need to travel a round trip of 150 miles.
"So it's relieving them of a terrible burden of having to be away from seven o'clock in the morning and probably not home till seven o'clock at night."
Relatives had expressed disappointment when the trial was adjourned minutes after opening on 6 September.
The case was stopped after a defence lawyer said he was unwell.
Mr Hoey faces 58 charges including five other bombings, four bomb conspiracies, and six murder conspiracies.
The only person to be charged with murder in connection with the bombing, the accused has been in custody for about three years.