A man is to be charged later this month with murdering the 29 people killed in the 1998 Omagh bombing, it has been confirmed in Belfast High Court.
Twenty-nine people died in the Omagh bombing in August 1998
Sean Gerard Hoey, 35, from Molly Road, Jonesborough, has been in custody for a year on charges relating to attacks in Armagh, Banbridge, Lisburn and Newry.
His application for bail was adjourned at the High Court.
More than 300 people were injured in the no warning car bomb, the worst single atrocity in Northern Ireland.
One of the 29 fatalities was a woman pregnant with twins.
Mr Hoey's lawyer had been due to apply for bail on Tuesday, an application which his lawyer Martin O'Rourke said had been lodged on 22 April.
"Since then, there have been extensive media reports that the applicant is to be charged with the Omagh bombing and the 29 murders relating to that incident," he said.
He said the accused was already facing a total of 20 charges relating to the possession of explosive devices and associated offences.
Mr O'Rourke said a Crown lawyer told him that preliminary enquiry (PE) papers to be served on 19 May would contain some additional forensic reports relating to the evidence against the defendant.
"In the light of the developments in the case and the fact that preliminary enquiry papers are due to be received within nine days, it is my application to adjourn in order that we can see the full extent of the evidence against the defendant," said Mr O'Rourke.
"At the moment we have been given limited access to some of the forensic reports, but obviously the picture will be complete when the full PE papers are made available."
His request for a further adjournment to allow the legal team to study the documents was granted by the judge, Mr Justice Higgins.