Many people across Northern Ireland have been coping with the effects of last night's icy weather.
Road service gritters have worked throughout the night.
Gritters were out throughout the night and were still salting some main roads on Friday morning.
The Met Office has warned that more sleet and snow is forecast for Friday and through to the weekend.
The heaviest snow fell on Thursday night on higher ground, with lighter snow on lower roads becoming more severe through the night.
There were sub-zero temperatures in some places across Northern Ireland.
Road Service workers have been out, salting roads and ploughing where necessary but they say untreated roads are hazardous.
Spokesman Colin Brown said they had been helped by "a very accurate weather forecast".
"Our winter service teams have been working very hard and continuously salting the scheduled network from lunchtime yesterday, Thursday, right through the evening, the night and indeed this morning," he said.
"So the main roads, the scheduled roads are passable.
"We are certainly prepared for something similar again today, into tonight and into tomorrow (Saturday) morning.
"So we're well prepared for another fairly heavy night of activity salting the network."
The police are advising motorists to take extreme care, slow down and keep safe distances.
Some ferry services have been cancelled, though at the moment the airports are operating as normal.
Meanwhile, the Met Office said another band of snow was moving in from the north.
Motorists must exercise extra care as forecast snow begins to fall, Northern Ireland's Roads Service has said.
The Met Office has warned heavy snow and blizzards can be expected through to the weekend.
The police have said snow has been affecting the Antrim, Crumlin and Glengormley areas.
More snow is forecast for Northern Ireland
Arrangements are also in place to enlist the help of contractors - including farmers - to clear blocked roads.
A winter service leaflet is also available to help inform the public about winter driving and is available by calling 02890 540540 or from the Road Service website.
Meanwhile, the CCEA, the body responsible for setting the 11-plus exam, has issued said the test would go ahead as planned at 1000 GMT.
Neil Anderson from CCEA said parents and staff involved in the transfer test should take due account of any warnings and make judgements about the safety of travel.
"If they do deem that it is safe to make a journey, they should make sensible adjustments to normal travel time to make sure they arrive on time," Mr Anderson said.
However, he reassured people that any child who missed the test because of transport difficulties would be able to take the supplementary exam in mid-December.