Strip searching of women prisoners is to be reviewed by the Northern Ireland Prison Service, a court has heard.
The decision follows a judge's ruling that the current policy is neither "necessary or proportionate".
Mr Justice Girvan said a random system of searching might be required to stop items such as drugs being smuggled in.
Prison Service Director General Robin Masefield said: "I welcome this judgment. We will obviously need to carefully consider all aspects of it."
Robbers jailed 'to deter others'
A judge has jailed two Belfast robbers to deter others "who might target vulnerable people".
Judge Gemma Loughran said Damien Joseph Power and Paul Edward Burns, both 21, had gone out "with reckless disregard for people who are performing an important service to the public".
Power, from Rosnareen Avenue, threatened a taxi driver with a knife in March last year. He was jailed for three years on condition he serve a further two years on probation.
In a separate case, Burns, of Ardmonagh Parade, snatched £80 after threatening a shop assistant with a screwdriver. He was jailed for four years.
Arms found during police search
Guns and ammunition believed to be linked to paramilitaries have been found in north Belfast.
An AK47 rifle and a handgun were among items seized during a series of police searches in the Shankill Road area on Wednesday.
Two people have been arrested in connection with the raids.
Commenting on the operation, Chief Superintendent Mike Little said police would not tolerate paramilitary activity in the area.
Gang attacks teenager in his home
A 19-year-old man has been attacked by a gang at his home in County Antrim.
It is understood that three men were involved in the assault on the man at a house in Glenkeen Drive, Greenisland.
The attack happened at about 0330 BST on Wednesday. A car parked in the driveway of the house was also damaged.
The victim was taken to hospital where he is being treated for injuries to his leg and body. Police have appealed for information about the attack.
Company orders 190 new buses
Northern Ireland transport company Translink has placed orders for 190 new buses.
The vehicles are the first to be ordered as part of the £48.4m government investment which was announced in December 2004.
"Over the next three years, the investment will contribute to the purchase of 350 new buses, with 200 due for delivery in early 2006," Philip O'Neill, Translink's general manager, said on Wednesday.
He said the purchase would have a "significant impact" on reducing average bus fleet age and would deliver a "modern, safe, high quality public transport system".