The Northern Ireland secretary has denied the government is ignoring Protestants after facing a loyalist protest in County Antrim.
About 12 women staged a protest in Lisburn
Women from the Woodvale area of Belfast confronted Peter Hain about the release of Shankill bomber Sean Kelly.
Mr Hain said there was a perception among unionists that the government was not listening to them but stressed it was "not a one-sided government".
Mr Hain said the DUP and UUP had made proposals which he was taking forward.
About a dozen loyalist women protesters in Lisburn held banners declaring "British Citizens Demand British Rights" during a visit by Mr Hain to meet local political representatives.
Challenged about their grievances, he said: "There's clearly a perception among unionists that the government has not been listening.
"What I am down here to do is show that I am and we are (listening) and we will continue to work together with a forward agenda for Northern Ireland."
Mr Hain also visited the loyalist Old Warren estate in Lisburn.
There has been speculation that the recent loyalist violence which has affected parts of Northern Ireland would delay IRA decommissioning.
However, on Monday this was dismissed by senior Sinn Fein member Pat Doherty.
He said he expected the IRA to keep its word and that it made sense for the arms commission to report on the subject before next month's Independent Monitoring Commission (IMC) report on IRA activity.
Peter Hain was challenged on a number of issues
The Sinn Fein MP also said Mr Hain "needed to be careful in how he handled the peace process" and had to "keep to the Good Friday Agreement in the face of a violent upsurge by loyalists".
Meanwhile, five unionists who withdrew from the Belfast District Policing Partnership have discussed police handling of loyalist violence with the chief constable.
Robin Newton of the DUP described the meeting with Sir Hugh Orde on Monday as "robust and constructive".
He said they would talk to their colleagues in the coming days to decide whether or not to rejoin the DPP.
Seven unionists withdrew from the DPP last week in protest at police handling of trouble after an Orange Order march.
They said the partnership had collapsed since trouble broke out after the Whiterock parade on 10 March.
The group said police had failed to engage with the unionist community.
Following Monday's meeting, the chief constable issued a statement saying it had been a "very positive and constructive" discussion.
He added: "We as a police service have reiterated our commitment to playing our part in building positive policing relationships. I believe we have now moved forward.
"I and my officers are listening to communities in Belfast and across Northern Ireland."
Several days of rioting erupted in the city after the Orange Order was prevented from marching down a nationalist section of the Springfield Road.
Police were attacked with petrol bombs, blast bombs and other missiles during the violence. Dozens of vehicles were also hijacked and set on fire.
Pat Doherty "expects the IRA to keep its word"
More than 60 people were arrested by police in connection with the disturbances.
Last week, loyalists blockaded roads in Belfast causing severe traffic disruption during rush hour.
The city councillors and members of the DPP who put withdrew from the DPP were Robin Newton, Elaine McMillan and Ruth Patterson, DUP; Ulster Unionists David Brown and Jim Rodgers; Independent Unionist Frank McCoubrey and Hugh Smyth, Progressive Unionist Party.
District policing partnerships were set up across Northern Ireland under reforms initiated by a commission headed by former Hong Kong Governor Chris Patten and implemented by the government.
The partnerships are made up of councillors and members of the local community, who work alongside the Police Service of Northern Ireland's 29 District Command Units in trying to meet local community policing needs.