Quiz of the week's news
It's the Magazine's 7 days 7 questions weekly quiz - a chance to find out how much news from the past week you've read, heard and watched... and how much has stayed lodged in the old grey matter.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
The Icelandic volcano Eyjafjallajokull has erupted, disrupting flights across northern Europe. But what does the name mean?
- Islands mountain glacier
- Cold fire tower
- Angry witch
2.) Multiple Choice Question
It's 40 years since Apollo 13 captain, Jim Lovell (left), was said to have uttered the words "Houston, we have a problem". But what actually DID he say?
- Houston, we've got a problem
- We have a problem, Houston
- Houston, we've had a problem
3.) Multiple Choice Question
The prime ministerial candidates did verbal battle, and there's been much talk about the best spot to stand. But what was the position of honour in the battle line of an ancient Greek hoplite army?
- On the right
- In the centre
- On the left
Hoplites were protected by the shield of the man on their right. Phalanxes thus had a tendency to drift right as men tried to protect themselves. As such elite troops and very often the lead general would be on the right to counter this drift.
4.) Multiple Choice Question
A couple who won Israel's biggest-ever lottery prize claimed the $20m (£13m) payout this week after a four month delay. Where did they find the lucky ticket?
- Under a mattress
- In a car glovebox
- In a jacket pocket
- In a pile of papers
5.) Multiple Choice Question
Indian tennis star Sania Mirza married Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik amid controversy about his divorce. What did he say were the grounds for the annulment?
- They had not consummated the marriage
- She used false photos during their internet courtship
- She was already married
6.) Multiple Choice Question
Children in Liverpool have asked the council to ban the word "obesity" and use what instead?
- Unhealthy weight
- It is "islands mountain glacier". The volcano has erupted twice this month, throwing ash miles into the air.
- It's option 3 - Houston, we've had a problem.
- It was on the right.
- It was the pile of papers. The couple, who were presented with their prize at a news conference during which they wore masks to conceal their identities, only realised their luck when they double-checked the numbers.
- It was the false photo. The union between two of South Asia's top sporting personalities came after Malik divorced his first wife, Ayesha Siddiqui, last week, whom he had married over the phone.
- It's unhealthy weight. The Liverpool Schools Parliament on nine to 11-year-olds has said the description "obesity" is offensive and may de-motivate overweight children.
- It was Coca Cola in a much criticised advert for their Glaceau Vitamin Water. Business bosses were not pleased at the advocating of absenteeism.
0 - 3 : Spotted at beach
4 - 6 : Semi-suspicious sickie
7 - 7 : Subtle skive
For a complete archive of past quizzes and our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, visit the Magazine page and scroll down. You can also do this quiz on your mobile device.