Quiz of the week's news
7 days 7 questions
It's the Magazine's 7 days 7 questions weekly quiz - a chance to find out how much news from the past week you've read, heard and watched... and how much has stayed lodged in the old grey matter.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
This week marked the 25th anniversary of the .com internet domain extension. But what does the "com" in .com actually stand for?
David Beckham is out of the England World Cup squad after tearing his achilles tendon.
Click NEXT for the question
2.) Multiple Choice Question
So where is the Achilles tendon? In which of these images is it highlighted in blue?
3.) Multiple Choice Question
Methadone. And mephedrone, the legal drug that has faced new calls this week for a ban. Similar names, but do the drugs have a similar effect?
- No - but they have a similar make-up
- No - methadone acts as depressant, mephedrone a stimulant
4.) Multiple Choice Question
It's 50 years since the Queen's head first appeared on bank notes - and there's an exhibition to mark the anniversary. But whose face preceded hers?
- George VI
- George V
- Lloyd George
Here's Britannia on the first Bank of England ¬£5 note to be printed in colour.
Click NEXT to continue
5.) Multiple Choice Question
He Pingping, the world's shortest man, has died aged just 21. Here, he posed with the world's tallest man - 8ft 1in (246.5cm). But what was the height difference between them?
- 5ft 8in (171.9cm)
- 6ft (182.88cm)
- 6ft 4in (193.04cm)
He Pingping, from Inner Mongolia, died on Saturday from heart complications, after he suffered chest pain while filming a TV show in Italy.
Click NEXT to continue.
6.) Missing Word Question
Blind soldier sees with *
7.) Multiple Choice Question
The significance of 14?
- Reduced number of cabin crew on long-haul British Airways flights
- Age gap between Kate Winslet and newly estranged husband Sam Mendes
- Difference in pence between highest and lowest UK petrol forecourt prices
Now, before you get your results, it's the Weekly Bonus Question. Each Friday we will give an answer and ask you to suggest what the question might have been.
This week's answer is "HALF A WING". Make your suggestions using the link below the quiz. Marks are deducted for predictability.
- It's commercial. It's often assumed to mean company, but Network Solutions, which has registered millions of internet domain names, told the BBC it is short for commercial.
- It's the image on the right. Left is the bone, and centre is the calf muscle.
- It's C. Methadone, like other opiates, acts as a depressant, while mephedrone is a stimulant.
- It was Britannia.
- The height difference was 5ft 8in (171.9cm) between He Pingping - at 2ft 5in (74.6cm) - and tallest man, Sultan Kosen.
- It's tongue. L/Cpl Craig Lundberg, blinded by a grenade in Iraq, is using a machine to convert visual images into a series of electrical pulses which are sent to his tongue.
- It's the cabin crew on a BA flight - one of the sources of dispute between the airline and the union Unite. BA has cut the number of cabin crew on long-haul flights from 15 to 14 - but Unite says it was not consulted. Winslet is 34, Mendes is 44. The AA has said petrol prices could soon reach a new average high of ¬£1.20 a litre.
0 - 3 : Titanic
4 - 6 : Flushed Away
7 - 7 : Heavenly Creatures
to enter the Weekly Bonus question.
For a complete archive of past quizzes and our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, visit the Magazine page and scroll down. You can also do this quiz on your mobile device.