The Magazine is asking readers to tell the story of the last 10 years, based on five themes - words, people, news stories, objects and culture. Here are the terms and conditions for those taking part.
1. The aim of the series is to build up a picture of the past 10 years based on reader suggestions across five categories
2. Suggestions can only be made using the correspondence box in a story about each category
3. There is no limit on the number of suggestions a reader can make in each category
4. All suggestions will be screened by the BBC for topic relevance, and taste and decency
5. No additional weight will be attached to multiple suggestions
6. A list of all suggestions will be compiled at the close of each day and forwarded to the relevant category expert
7. The expert will pick 20 suggestions from the list, based on their opinion of which are most significant
8. A list of the final suggestions will be published on Monday, 14 December
9. We will also run a parallel project for our international audience, which will be featured on the international front page. This will employ a different range of experts to assess suggestions from readers.