Quiz of the week's news
7 days quiz
It's the Magazine's 7 days 7 questions weekly quiz - a chance to find out how much news from the past week you've read, heard and watched... and how much has stayed lodged in the old grey matter.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
The tuneless Irish twins known collectively as Jedward, fresh from their eviction from X Factor. Which is which?
- Edward on left, John on right
- John on left, Edward on right
2.) Multiple Choice Question
"We have, in general, a bias towards free speech." Who?
- Wikipedia, brushing off concerns its tightened rules are driving away the volunteers who write and edit its information
- US medical firm suing a British cardiologist for libel after he questioned their heart implants
- Google, refusing to remove an offensive photo of Michelle Obama that topped its search results
3.) Multiple Choice Question
The Supreme Court has ruled the Office of Fair Trading cannot investigate whether bank charges are unfair. An unauthorised overdraft can cost a customer up to £39, but what do campaigners say it costs a bank in administrative costs?
4.) Missing Word Question
Hong Kong flights * mystery
5.) Multiple Choice Question
Two Yeoman Warders of the Tower of London have been sacked after claims they bullied the first female Beefeater. To get the job, how long must one have been in the Armed Forces?
- 15 years
- At least 22 years
- Minimum of 25 years
- Military service is NOT required
6.) Multiple Choice Question
What colour were the tailored Bermuda shorts presented to the Duke of Edinburgh during the royal visit?
- Navy blue
- Pea green
- Hot pink
Here he is, being given the shorts by a gentleman sporting a pink pair. To the disappointment of the assembled photographers, the duke declined to try them on.
Click NEXT to continue.
7.) Multiple Choice Question
"I cannot in my life miss an opportunity like this." So said Carla Bruni, but about what?
- Appearing in The Simpsons as the sex-mad first lady of France
- Woody Allen asking her to be in his next film
- Buying Stella McCartney's collection for Gap Kids - to wear herself
Now, before you get your results, the Magazine has pleasure in announcing the Weekly Bonus Question. Each Friday we will give an answer and ask you to suggest what the question might have been.
This week's answer is "1x SHRUNK WISHY WASHY". Make your suggestions using the link below the quiz. Marks are deducted for predictability.
- It's John on the left, Edward on the right. Like Ant and Dec, they try to always stand on the same side to help people differentiate. Their differences are subtle - John is an inch taller, has pierced ears (but no earrings) and his right ear is slightly pointy.
- It's Google. It didn't block the image, but placed a notice over it titled "Offensive Search Results". The site that published it eventually took it down. Meanwhile, the libel case - held in London although the doctor made his comments in the US - has again raised concerns that it is too easy to sue for libel in English courts.
- It's £2.50. The surprise ruling means about one million customers are unlikely to be successful in trying to reclaim charges.
- It's toilet. Cathay Pacific's fleet of Airbus planes has been hit by a spate of unexplained toilet blockages - one recent flight cut its journey short when crew found none of the 10 toilets were working.
- Only those who have completed 22 years of service in the Armed Forces are eligible to be Yeoman Warders at the Tower.
- They were green shorts, to be worn with knee socks, a blazer and tie - business attire for Bermuda's menfolk in every colour under the sun, except navy. This hue is reserved for one's socks.
- It's the Woody Allen opportunity. "I'm not at all an actress. Maybe I'll be absolutely terrible." Meanwhile, a recent Simpsons episode caricatured the Sarkozys, voiced by actors. And she reportedly wore a Gap Kids jacket on French TV to sing a Beatles tune.
0 - 3 : Jedward
4 - 6 : Shayne Ward
7 - 7 : Leona Lewis
to enter the Weekly Bonus question.
For a complete archive of past quizzes and our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, visit the Magazine page and scroll down. You can also do this quiz on your mobile device.