Quiz of the week's news
7 days 7 questions
It's the Magazine's 7 days 7 questions weekly quiz - a chance to find out how much news from the past week you've read, heard and watched... and how much has stayed lodged in the old grey matter.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
"I hate ______, hate it with a dark and secret passion and always have." What and who?
- Tennis - Andre Agassi
- Dancing - Joe Calzaghe
- EastEnders - Barbara Windsor
- My chin - Gordon Ramsay
2.) Multiple Choice Question
"I'm seized by a desperate desire to clean. I go tearing around my house, cleaning it from top to bottom. I dust the furniture. I scour the tub. I make the beds."
- Cheryl Cole, to calm her X Factor nerves
- Andre Agassi, when he was high on crystal meth
- Mel B, living on a council estate for a reality TV documentary
3.) Multiple Choice Question
While on the subject, the government's drugs misuse adviser has listed 20 "drugs" on a harm index, with heroin, most harmful, at no 1, alcohol at 5 and tobacco at 9. Which class A drug only ranks 18th?
4.) Missing Word Question
* chair up for auction
- Balloon boy
- Richard III
5.) Multiple Choice Question
- Needle carrying swine flu jab
- Nasa's Ares I-X rocket
- Universal mobile phone recharger
The stick-thin £275m Ares 1-X rocket was designed to climb about 40km (25 miles) during the powered phase of its two-minute flight. The bubble around it is a moisture cone.
6.) Multiple Choice Question
Bjorn Halvard Knappskog has won the World Monopoly Championships in Las Vegas. His prize is, in real dollars, the same amount of money that's in a US monopoly set. How much?
7.) Multiple Choice Question
And finally, the birthday question. These three will all be due cake and candles on Friday, but who is the eldest?
- Stefan "Neighbours" Dennis
- Juliet "Truly, Madly, Deeply" Stevenson
- Diego "Hand of God" Maradona
Now, before you get your results, the Magazine has pleasure in announcing the Weekly Bonus Question. Each Friday we will give an answer and ask you to suggest what the question might have been.
This week's answer is "DOUGHNUT RALLY". Make your suggestions using the link below the quiz. Marks are deducted for predictability.
- It's Andre Agassi in his new autobiography, Open, published this week. Meanwhile, boxer Joe Calzaghe, booted off Strictly last week, is on a Roman holiday with his dance partner Kristina; Barbara Windsor is leaving the BBC soap after 15 years; and TV chef Gordon Ramsay has admitted having cosmetic surgery on his chin furrows.
- It's Agassi again, who in his autobiography comes clean about taking crystal meth in 1997 - and then lying about it to the tennis authorities.
- It's ecstasy, says Professor David Nutt, who heads the government's Advisory Committee on the Misuse of Drugs. He listed cannabis in 10th position.
- The full headline is "Drink-drive chair up for auction". Police in Minnesota are to sell off a motorised La-Z-Boy armchair whose owner crashed it while drunk. Meanwhile, court papers suggest Mayumi Heene has told police she and her husband knew their young son was not on a runaway weather balloon. And the Battle in which Richard III was defeated turns out to be two miles away from Bosworth Field.
- It's Nasa's Ares rocket, thundering off its launch pad at Cape Canavaral in Florida on Wednesday. Swine flu vaccines began arriving at GPs' surgeries this week. On Friday, the UN appoved a universal phone charger. About 51,000 tonnes of redundant chargers are generated each year.
- He won $20,580 (£12,200).
- It's actress Stevenson, who is 53. Neighbours soap star Dennis is 51 and Argentinian football legend Maradona is 49. Many happy returns all round.
0 - 3 : Drongo
4 - 6 : Fair dinkum
7 - 7 : Bonzer
to enter the Weekly Bonus question.
For a complete archive of past quizzes and our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, visit the Magazine page and scroll down. You can also do this quiz on your mobile device.