Quiz of the week's news
7 days 7 questions
It's the Magazine's 7 days 7 questions weekly quiz - a chance to find out how much news from the past week you've read, heard and watched... and how much has stayed lodged in the old grey matter.
Boris Johnson is to make a cameo appearance in EastEnders...
Click NEXT to continue.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
...but who was the last person to star as themselves in the soap?
- David Walliams
- Robbie Williams
- Francis Rossi
- Peter Purves
2.) Multiple Choice Question
WWI veteran Henry Allingham has died aged 113. Which event from the year of his birth PRE-dates his arrival?
- Athens Olympics
- Queen Victoria becomes longest reigning monarch
- Glasgow Subway opens
3.) Multiple Choice Question
With Gordon Brown on holiday, who will be Acting Prime Minister?
- His deputy, Harriet Harman
- His OTHER deputy, Lord Mandelson
- They'll job-share
- They'll job-share with Jack Straw and Alistair Darling
4.) Missing Word Question
* Christie niece wins Miss England
5.) Multiple Choice Question
Top Gear plans to recreate The Italian Job's Mini sewer chase in Belfast's new pipes. While the original film's chase was set in Turin, where were the shots inside the tunnels filmed?
- Shepperton Studios
6.) Multiple Choice Question
Punk hero Mick Jones of the Clash opened his own "rock 'n' roll library" this week. Which one of the following does it include?
- His diary from 1977
- Pizza boxes leftover from tours
- Pants worn by the band
7.) Multiple Choice Question
And finally, the anniversary question. Pritt Stick glue first went on sale how many years ago this week?
Now, before you get your results, the Magazine has pleasure in announcing the Weekly Bonus Question. Each Friday we will give an answer and ask you to suggest what the question might have been.
This week's answer is THE SIZE OF SPAIN. Make your suggestions using the link below the quiz. Marks are deducted for predictability.
- It's Purves. The former Blue Peter presenter made a guest appearance in 1987. Walliams played Alfie Moon's friend Ray, and Williams appeared as a background extra in the Queen Vic. And Rossi had a cameo in rival soap Coronation Street.
- It's the 1896 Olympics, the first of the modern era, held in Athens in April, two months before Allingham's birth. Queen Victoria broke King George III's record in September and the world's third oldest underground system opened in Glasgow in December.
- Four people will take the post in Mr Brown's absence - Ms Harman for two weeks, then Lord Mandelson, Mr Darling and Mr Straw for a week each.
- Rachel Christie is Linford Christie's niece, and the first black Miss England in the competition's history.
- It was Coventry, where new sewers were being constructed at the time of filming. The shots of the cars entering and leaving the tunnel were done in Turin.
- It's pizza boxes from Clash tours. Other exhibits include retro recording equipment and boots worn on stage.
- Pritt Stick is 40. Its inventor, Dr Wolfgang Dierichs, came up with the idea after watching a woman apply lipstick on a plane.
0 - 3 : Anything that you might do, I'm gonna do too
4 - 6 : Cos I'm made out glue
7 - 7 : I'm sticking with you
to enter the Weekly Bonus question.
For a complete archive of past quizzes and our weekly news quiz, 7 days 7 questions, visit the Magazine page and scroll down. You can also do this quiz on your mobile device.