7 questions on pop reunions
Midweek quiz: Pop reunions
Yes, it's true. Eighties popsters Spandau Ballet are the latest band to put past acrimony behind them to reunite for new creative endeavours... oh, and a potentially lucrative tour of the world's concert capitals.
Test yourself on pop re-formations.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
Spandau Ballet's bitter feud resulted in a High Court battle - the three non-Kemps sued Gary Kemp for a £1m share of the songwriting royalties. Who won?
- Gary Kemp
- Tony Hadley, Steve Norman and John Keeble
The trio then went on tour, but having sold their rights to use the name Spandau Ballet to pay their legal bills, adopted the catchy billing "Hadley, Norman and Keeble, ex-Spandau Ballet".
Click NEXT to continue.
2.) Multiple Choice Question
"We are not friends, we don't see each other. Why on earth would we be on stage together?" Said who, of former bandmates?
- Morrissey, of The Smiths
- Rachel Stevens, of S Club 7
- Paul Weller, of The Jam
3.) Multiple Choice Question
...but that didn't stop Weller's ex-colleagues re-forming as a duo. Under which name do they perform?
- The Jamm
- From The Jam
- Going Underground
4.) Multiple Choice Question
The Spice Girls re-formed in late 2007 for a world tour. It was meant to be a 25-date tour, but how many did they actually perform?
- All 25
- Three extra, so 28
- Four cancelled, so 21
5.) Multiple Choice Question
The singer said hell would freeze over before the band would re-form. But it did (re-form, not freeze over), and the resulting tour and CD was titled Hell Freezes Over. Which band?
- Sex Pistols
- The Eagles
- The Police
6.) Multiple Choice Question
And which 90s sensation, after a protracted bout of unpleasantness, said they were re-forming "for the love of the music"?
- Take That (sans Robbie, of course)
- The Verve
7.) Multiple Choice Question
But who has really, really ruled out ever re-forming, saying the group's creativity together has gone?
- Adam and the Ants
- All Saints
For 20 years since splitting personally and professionally, Bjorn, Benny, Agnetha and Annifrid didn't even meet in public. And not even the smash success of Mamma Mia! has resulted in more than the odd red carpet appearance. Click NEXT for your score.
- Kemp, pictured here on the right, was victorious in the 1999 legal tussle.
- It's Morrissey, who has also said he'd rather eat his own testicles than re-form The Smiths. And he's vegetarian. Stevens, meanwhile, has simply said no S Clubbers are invited to her wedding. And Weller has said: "Me and my children would have to be destitute and starving in the gutter before I'd even consider [a reunion]."
- They call themselves "From The Jam".
- It was cut short to 21. Geri Halliwell said this was due to family commitments: "Kids had to go back to school and that."
- It's the Eagles, who got back together 14 years after a split so bitter their concerts sometimes ended in backstage fisticuffs.
- It's The Verve, despite earlier protestations that there was more chance of all four Beatles being on stage together.
- It's Abba, says songwriter Bjorn Ulvaeus. While Adam and the Ants haven't reunited, All Saints tried it in 2006 before again going their separate ways.
0 - 3 : Hell has yet to freeze over
4 - 6 : Lukewarm in the polar regions
7 - 7 : Hot hot hot
For a complete archive of past quizzes, including our weekly news quiz 7 days 7 questions, visit the
and scroll down the page.