7 days 7 questions
Welcome to 7 days 7 questions - the Magazine's quiz of the week's news.
If this isn't enough brain exercise, there's also our Daily Mini-Quiz, every weekday on the Magazine home page.
1.) Multiple Choice Question
They're off! The Spice Girls in the first concert of their world tour. No miming, but what vocal assistance did they have?
- Posh didn't sing
- Geri's voice through digital enhancer
- Used "click track" to keep in time
- Mel B had backing singer's voice melded with hers
2.) Multiple Choice Question
"I've been considering [the change] from passive media object to becoming proactive in creating media content." Who?
- Ex-hostage Natascha Kampusch on her future plans now she's been a free woman for more than a year
- Cerys Matthews, whose lyrics "It's all over the front page" seem prescient after her I'm a Celebrity stint
- Jenna Bush, who has written a book about an HIV+ woman she met while working as a Unicef intern
3.) Missing Word Question
Protests force * to change
- interest rates
4.) Multiple Choice Question
The government plans to build three so-called Titan "super-prisons". Who was Titan in Greek mythology?
- Offspring of Uranus (Heaven) and Gaea (Earth) and their descendants
- Son of Zeus, god of war who seduced Leda in form of a swan
- Another name for Hades, Lord of the Underworld
5.) Multiple Choice Question
Radio 1 DJ Grooverider has been arrested in Dubai on suspicion of bringing drugs and porn into the country. His real name?
- Chris Goldfinger
- Raymond Bingham
- Ras Kwame
6.) Multiple Choice Question
A New Zealand teenager has been arrested in an international botnet crackdown. What's a botnet?
- Hijacked web search that sends users to bogus sites
- Network of hijacked PCs
- Software that circumvents copyright protection
Bless. Knut the polar bear, back when he was rejected by his mother and being raised by keepers at Berlin Zoo.
He's just celebrated his first birthday - which of the bears pictured on the following page is Knut as he is now?
7.) Birthday Question
So what does a one-year-old polar bear look like?
- All grown-up
- They sang live over a click track to keep in time, said a Spice spokeswoman after Sunday's concert.
- It's Natascha - who escaped in August 2006 after eight-and-a-half years in captivity - who plans to host a monthly chat show.
- It's "Facebook", dropping a controversial shopping tracking system after privacy protests.
- Titans were the powerful children of Uranus and Gaea. Plans for the "super-prisons" were unveiled on Wednesday.
- It's Raymond Bingham. Chris Goldfinger and Ras Kwame are other Radio 1 DJs.
- A botnet is a network of hijacked PCs. The hacker was arrested last Friday.
- Knut is the brownish bear in picture one. Picture two is a cub in the wild, and three is an adult polar bear.
0 - 3 : Wannabe
4 - 6 : Who Do You Think You Are
7 - 7 : Spice Up Your Life