Diana, the Princess of Wales, is back on the front pages as an inquest into her death approaches. But for one newspaper she's rarely out of the headlines.
The latest... Daily Express. Tuesday 9 January 2007
Readers of Paper Monitor, the Magazine's daily celebration of the national press, will be well acquainted with the Daily Express' fondness for a Diana story.
To mark its feat of journalistic persistence, here is every instance of Diana appearing on the paper's front page last year. On some days the paper mixes its Diana revelation with another story, some of which are recorded here under "in other news".
• WHY DIANA WOULD HAVE LOVED KATE by her most trusted aide (29 December)
• DIANA: Princess predicted her own 'murder' Time and time again in the two years before her death, says the official report (18 December) [In other news: ROSEHIPS: THE NEW FOOD TO BEAT AGEING]
• DIANA SENSATION: US Spies confess to bugging her calls hours before she died (11 December) [In other news: SACKED BECAUSE WE ARE BRITISH]
• DIANA: Police tried to make me change my evidence, says key witness (6 December)
• WHO IS THE BRAINIEST OF THE ROYALS? [Picture options: Zara, Wills, Diana] (16 October) [In other news: While you'll have to mow your lawn all year round]
• DIANA: SCANDAL OF BODY MIX-UP (25 September)
• The day Diana helped bury a baby's body in the palace garden (12 September) [In other news: House prices hit new high]
• DIANA WAS SO MUCH IN LOVE (11 September) [In other news: How you can wish yourself a better life]
• He called himself Diana's rock, but look how the rock in Paul Burrell's ear has grown¿ by selling her out (6 September) [In other news: THE AMAZING PROTEIN DIET]
• HOW THE BUTLER HAS BETRAYED DIANA'S MEMORY (5 September) [In other news: THE NEW LOOK FOR BRITAIN'S HOSPITALS - They call this the 'inter-faith' gown]
• DIANA: We reveal the truth about her wedding plans in the days before her crash (4 September)
• THE DIANA DOSSIER- The witnesses they tried to discredit (1 September) - [In other news; CAR INSURANCE UP 40%]
• THE DIANA DOSSIER: Her summer of love that ended in tragedy (31 August):
• THE DIANA DOSSIER: Chaos, mystery and cover-up (30 August) [In other news: DIET THAT KEEPS THE BRAIN YOUNG]
• DIANA BLOOD TEST RESULTS FIDDLED (29 August)
• DIANA DEATH 'WAS NOT AN ACCIDENT' (21 August)
• Heather calls in Diana lawyer (9 August) [In other news: KNIFE CRIME SOARS BY 73%]
• DIANA: A mountain of new evidence but they can't find a judge who will hear it (4 August) [In other news: HOW CAN BLAIR JET OFF ON A JOLLY HOLIDAY?]
• The truth about Diana's amazing wedding dress (3 August) [In other news: BANNED: THE SECRET KILLER IN OUR FOOD]
• DIANA DEATH: NEW COVER UP FEARS (24 July)
• DIANA DEATH: BODYGUARDS FACE QUIZ (17 July) [In other news: Win a new Campervan!]
• OUTRAGE AT PICTURE OF DYING DIANA IN MAGAZINE (14 July)
• LOOKALIKE WIFE OF DIANA AFFAIR CAD (13 July) [In other news: Government can steal YOUR property but Tony Blair's property is exempt]
The inquest into Diana and Dodi Fayed's 1997 death is due in May
• DIANA ARREST DRAMA (3 July)
• DIANA: A NEW MURDER MYSTERY (19 July)
• DIANA DEATH: CRUCIAL NEW EVIDENCE (5 June)
• DIANA'S DEATH: 'I'M CLOSE TO TRUTH' (2 June)
• DIANA DEATH: NEW EVIDENCE (31 May)
• DIANA DEATH: TRUTH AT LAST (8 May)
• DIANA DEATH DOCTOR MADE TO TELL TRUTH (17 April) [In other news: The robot that can cut out cancer]
• QUEEN'S GRIEF OVER DIANA DEATH (16 April)
• DIANA: MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH (9 April)
• One year after wedding Duchess still can't replace Diana (6 April)
• DEATH OF DIANA: THE DOCTOR WHO KNOWS THE TRUTH (27 March)
• QUEEN'S ANGER AT INSULT TO DIANA (17 March)
• DIANA DEATH: INQUEST A SHAM (13 March)
• DIANA'S DEATH: 'DIRTY TRICKS BY MI6' (9 March) [In other news: Chocolate milk is the secret of longer life]
• DIANA'S DEATH: YET ANOTHER LIE IS EXPOSED (6 March)
• SPIES BUGGED DIANA'S LAST CALLS (27 February)
• DIANA: HOW SPY STARTED CAR CHASE DEATH (23 February)
• DIANA'S DEATH: PANIC AS TRUTH IS REVEALED (20 February)
• DIANA INQUIRY CHIEF'S LAPTOP SECRETS STOLEN (7 February) [In other news: Why we're too lazy to chop a lettuce]
• DIANA DEATH: Spies flashed laser beam at crash driver (6 February)
• CRUEL ATTACK ON DIANA (3 February) [In other news: Why our food is NOT as good as it used to be]
• DIANA: WHY DID SPIES VISIT THE MORGUE (30 January)
• DIANA 'DEATH SQUAD' RIDDLE (9 January)
Add your comments on this story, using the form below.
Only 46 times? That's less than one a week. Surely she's been on the cover of the Express more than that.
Diana stories, no matter how absurd, SELL NEWSPAPERS.
Joe Chapman, Ferndown, Dorset
I think most of the British Public feels that Our Princess was killed without a shadow of doubt. You can fool some people sometimes but this was outrageous and it is a clearly guarded secret.
Linda Mitchell, Loggerheads, Shropshire
They really should rename it the Diana Express. I'm sure there are others though not on this page - she's been on the Sun-Di Express as well.
Gareth Thomas, Folkestone, Kent
We get the quality of press that we deserve. The nation should stop buying trash newspapers.
Malcolm Christie, Charlestown, St Austell
The stories are real interesting and I really enjoyed reading them. Diana was one of the most kind and beautiful people in the world. She has two wonderful sons who are carrying on for her. What a devastating loss to the world.
Frances Elizabeth Gordon, Lansing, Michigan, U.S.A.
For goodness sake leave Diana to rest. What her poor sons have to go through everyday from losing their mother let alone having the tabloids dragging out her death years and years later.
Michelle Seals, Stevenage, Herts, UK
The BBC may edit your comments and not all emails will be published. Your comments may be published on any BBC media worldwide.