Page last updated at 08:39 GMT, Monday, 19 January 2009

Family dog dies after house fire

A dog has died after being trapped in a burning house in Swindon.

Firefighters were called to the property in Tattershall, Toothill, on Sunday night and found a serious fire had broken out on the ground floor.

Neighbours thought the owners were trapped inside the building, but the house was empty apart from the family's two pet dogs.

Firefighters rescued both but one later died from the effects of breathing in in smoke.

The house has been badly damaged and an investigation is under way into how the fire started.

Print Sponsor


RELATED INTERNET LINKS
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

PRODUCTS & SERVICES

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific