[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Wednesday, 11 July 2007, 06:27 GMT 07:27 UK
Abducted baby 'no danger' claim
Samantha Lowry and Sebastian
Sebastian was taken by his father to Mexico City
The father of a baby taken from the US to Mexico said he will not return the boy while arrest warrants against him are active.

Daniel Pavon Cuellar said three-month old baby Sebastian was in no danger.

Mother Samantha Lowry, 24, from Swindon, had been living in America for about a year when Sebastian was taken by his father to Mexico City, in May.

"If they can remove all charges, then I can return with the baby," Mr Cuellar told Austin TV station KXAN.

'Absolute torture'

South Swindon MP Anne Snelgrove met with a Foreign Office minister on Tuesday to discuss the case.

"We have no idea where he is and it is about time the British, American and Mexican governments moved on this," she said.

Ms Lowry has said the past six weeks had been "absolute torture", but several authorities were working to help her get Sebastian back.

She added that she has sole custody of her son and that a state warrant had been issued for the arrest of the boy's father, her ex-partner.

"He also has a federal warrant from the FBI," said Ms Lowry.




SEE ALSO
Mother fights for return of baby
05 Jul 07 |  Wiltshire

RELATED INTERNET LINKS
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites



FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

PRODUCTS & SERVICES

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific