[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Monday, 8 March, 2004, 18:08 GMT
Woman killed by washing clothes
A woman who died from mesothelioma may have breathed in asbestos cleaning her family's clothes, an inquest was told.

A coroner has ruled that Sylvia Parker from Moredon, who died from the disease in 2003, may have breathed in asbestos from her husband and father's clothes.

In 2002 an inquest heard how Yvonne Jeffries died of the disease after possibly being exposed to asbestos in the same way.

The cancer killed hundreds of former workers from the town's rail workshops.

A support group was set up last year to help victims of the disease, along with a garden of remembrance for asbestos victims in Swindon.

Some victims also received compensation after a ruling in the House of Lords in 2002.




SEE ALSO:
New support for cancer sufferers
12 Sep 03  |  Wiltshire



PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

News Front Page | Africa | Americas | Asia-Pacific | Europe | Middle East | South Asia
UK | Business | Entertainment | Science/Nature | Technology | Health
Have Your Say | In Pictures | Week at a Glance | Country Profiles | In Depth | Programmes
Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific