[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Wednesday, 16 May 2007, 13:49 GMT 14:49 UK
'Deadly' gas leak at high school
Temple Moor High School
The leak may have been caused while demolishing a swimming pool
A high school in Leeds had to be evacuated after potentially lethal chlorine leaked onto the site.

Chemical experts were brought in to investigate the incident at Temple Moor High School, in Selby Road, on Wednesday morning.

It is thought the leak begun when workmen demolishing a swimming pool damaged a gas tank.

Two girls were treated for breathing problems and the school was closed for the rest of Wednesday.




RELATED INTERNET LINKS
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites



FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

PRODUCTS & SERVICES

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific