Page last updated at 07:43 GMT, Thursday, 14 May 2009 08:43 UK

Three treated for carbon monoxide

Three people have been taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning, West Midlands Ambulance Service has said.

Two women and a 15-year-old girl were taken to Heartlands Hospital on Wednesday following the suspected gas leak in Castle Bromwich.

An ambulance spokesman said they found two women on a flat balcony having trouble breathing.

It emerged a teenage girl who visited the flat earlier had also felt unwell.

Ambulance crews were called to the flat in Roughlea Avenue during Wednesday evening.

"The 58 and 34-year-olds were treated for possible carbon monoxide poisoning using oxygen," the spokesman said.

The women were taken to Heartlands Hospital and the teenage girl was contacted by a relative and taken to hospital as a precaution.

Print Sponsor

Ten treated for carbon monoxide
10 Oct 08 |  Merseyside

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit


Sign in

BBC navigation

Copyright © 2019 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific