Lowry painted many scenes in the town of Berwick
A tourist trail in honour of a renowned artist LS Lowry has opened in Berwick.
L S Lowry, the painter known for his scenes of urban life spent many holidays in Berwick-upon-Tweed, during which he painted and drew some of his most interesting and finest works of art.
In recognition of his links with the town, the new walking trail has now been opened.
The trail has been developed by Berwick-upon-Tweed Preservation Trust and Northumberland County Council in partnership with other local organisations.
It will take visitors on a tour of the Berwick locations immortalised in Lowry's art.
A total of 18 Lowry paintings will be displayed on story boards in those areas where the artist was often seen to work at Berwick, Tweedmouth and Spittal.
At the spots where Lowry sketched, visitors will be able to view a storyboard showing his work and other information.
Lowry's first painting of Berwick was a 1935 view of the Market Place, bustling with his trademark "matchstick men and matchstick cats and dogs".
Other views on the trail include The Pier and Bridge Street and also the cobbled back streets such as Dewar's Lane and Sally Port.
Many of the building and features which were depicted in Lowry's work still exists and can be seen today.
Alan Cutter, Executive Member for Environment, said: "The trail is a wonderful way to draw tourists and lovers of Lowry's art, to Berwick Upon Tweed, and is a marvellous achievement."
An exhibition of paintings called Lowry's Travels can be seen until 12 October at Sunderland Museum.