Tests showed John Sterling Smith died from mephedrone poisoning
A man from East Sussex has died after taking the legal drug mephedrone.
John Sterling Smith, 46, suffered a cardiac arrest at his home in The Drive, Hove, in the early hours of 7 February.
Police said toxicology tests showed Mr Smith had died from mephedrone poisoning. The drug is sold legally over the internet as "plant food".
Two men, aged 35 and 40 and both from Brighton, have been arrested on suspicion of supplying Class A drugs.
They have been released on police bail until 5 May pending further inquiries.
Louis Wainwright, 18, and Nicholas Smith, 19, died in Scunthorpe on Monday after taking mephedrone along with other substances, including alcohol and the heroin substitute methadone.
Mr Smith's inquest is due to take place on 27 May.