Plans to set up a gypsy travellers' site in an East Sussex town have been thrown out.
Residents feared homes would drop in value if a travellers' site was built
Residents filled a Hastings Borough Council meeting to voice their objections against proposals for the Sandrock Park area of the town.
Officials were told to redraft plans last month, but all three locations were rejected on Monday evening.
Residents feared the site would spill over onto nearby verges and reduce property values in the area.
Jeremy Bunday, who lives in Sandrock Park, said: "I'm absolutely delighted. Obviously it's just great to have the pressure and the worry taken away from us.
"This process... has been going on for nearly two months and has been a great concern."
Hastings Borough Council said they would be looking at new locations for the transit site in the eastern part of East Sussex.