Hundreds of protestors are expected to take part in a march over threatened cuts to Sudbury's hospital services.
The Walnuttree Hospital Action Committee (WHAC) will leave Belle Vue Park, Newton Road, at 1000 BST on Saturday to march around the town.
Closing the former Victorian workhouse is among proposals which health chiefs say will help cut £20m of debts run up by trusts in West Suffolk.
The action committee is calling for more details about future services.
It is also calling for the withdrawal of a public consultation document because it says it is "fundamentally flawed".
In a letter to the Suffolk West Primary Care Trust, WHAC chairman Colin Spence said more details were needed about future services and he said the document was "poor".
Sudbury MP Tim Yeo, who is joining the marchers, has criticised Suffolk County Council for claiming the closure of beds would not have a knock-on effect on its social care services.
"In our view the statement is incorrect," he said.
"For instance, some people who receive rehabilitation from the NHS may, as a result, not need social care at all.
"But if such rehabilitation is no longer available, then they will need social care and in such cases, the PCT's proposals will clearly impact on the council's social care budget," he commented.
Last year the Walnuttree Hospital was under threat when it failed to meet fire safety regulations but was reprieved when managers set aside £300,000 for an upgrade.