Football legend George Best has been arrested and bailed on suspicion of indecently assaulting a young girl.
Mr Best was arrested on 9 June
The former Manchester United and Northern Ireland star is alleged to have attacked the girl, aged under 13, last month in Surrey.
His agent Phil Hughes said the claims were outrageous and totally unfounded.
Mr Best, 59, was questioned over the indecent assault claim when he was arrested on 9 June in connection with an alleged assault against a woman.
It is alleged that Mr Best punched a 34-year-old woman outside the home of his ex-lover, Gina Devivo, in Ewell, Surrey.
A spokeswoman for Surrey Police said: "We have received an allegation of indecent assault against a 59-year-old man who was arrested on 9 June."
The spokeswoman added the force was not prepared to discuss any further details of the investigation.
On Tuesday, Mr Hughes said: "George is totally innocent. We will defend this vigorously."
He said: "There have been so many lies printed about George that we have let slip through because you cannot sue everybody.
"But we will certainly be suing the people who made these allegations once we have proven his innocence."
He added: "You tell me George Best has done something like this and I would say 'absolutely not'."
Mr Hughes said that the former football star who had a liver transplant after years of alcohol abuse had been hit hard by the claims.
"It does not help him with trying to stay off the drink," he said.
Mr Best was questioned for nine hours at Staines police station before being freed on police bail.
He is due to return to a police station in Surrey for further questioning on 6 July.