A Butlins holiday complex had to be evacuated on Wednesday evening after a fire broke out.
Firefighters were called to the site at Bognor Regis, in West Sussex, at 2130 BST after fire alarms were activated.
Staff directed them to a room used to house waste where they found rubbish bins alight. Smoke had also entered the ground floor of the complex.
Fire crews praised the actions of the staff for quickly moving holidaymakers out of the site without any injuries.
Trevor Humphries, from Bognor Regis fire station, said: "Although this was a relatively small fire, the entire ground floor of the building became smoke logged at an early stage."
It is believed the fire started after ashtrays were emptied into wheelie bins.