The parents of a schoolboy killed in a fatal road crash are calling for action to be taken to make the road safer.
Aaron's parents said he was a lively boy who lived life to the full
Thirteen-year-old Aaron Hogg was one of three people to die in the head-on collision on Queensway in St Leonards, East Sussex, on Monday.
The accident happened close to his home when a Ford Granada was in collision with a Citroen ZX just before 2200 BST.
Aaron's mother Sheena said when she heard the noise of the crash she instinctively knew it involved her son.
"All we heard was a very loud screech, and then some massive bangs," she said.
She told the BBC that her eldest son Daryl got to the scene first and managed to drag two people from the wreckage.
The car burst into flames leaving scorched grass at the roadside
She said he was unable to search for his brother as the car he had been travelling in then exploded.
Mrs Hogg said when she arrived at the scene there were flames everywhere.
The driver of the Ford, a 48-year-old local man, died at the scene, as did Aaron - his daughter's boyfriend.
The 31-year-old male driver of the Citroen, who was from Tonbridge in Kent, was also killed.
The two daughters of the Ford driver, aged 12 and 14, and his 32-year-old girlfriend were all seriously injured.
A male passenger travelling in the Citroen also suffered serious injuries.
The scene of the accident is a notorious accident blackspot.
Aaron's father Reg said the main problem was that the road did not have any street lights, and motorists driving at the 60mph speed limit were forced to use their headlights, often blinding others coming in the opposite direction.
"There have been four accidents in a month there because of this fact," he said.
After Monday night's crash local residents started up a petition calling for improved safety measures on the road.