A 10-year-old boy has been convicted of driving while disqualified.
The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, admitted driving a Vauxhall Cavalier near his home in Ore, Hastings, East Sussex.
He had already been banned from driving for a previous motoring offence.
The boy appeared at Hastings Youth Court on Wednesday where he also admitted taking a car without consent and driving without insurance.
The case was adjourned until next Wednesday when he will be sentenced for a number of other offences.
Magistrate Ken Melsom told him: "You are disqualified and you are also 10 years old and children are not allowed to drive anyway.
"You do not have the ability and you do not have the strength and you do not have the skills that are needed to drive."
Addressing the boy's parents, who were also in court, Mr Melsom said: "You must do everything in your power to see that he does not drive motor vehicles. I am sure that you will do your best."
Sussex Police said the Vauxhall Cavalier belonged to the boy's father and that his parents had consented to charges being brought against him.