Guy Evans got his full motorcycle licence 2 days before he died
The mother of a teenage motorcyclist who died in a crash said basic first aid advice may have saved him.
Guy Evans, 17, crashed while riding his bike on Featherbed Lane between Wantage and Didcot in August of last year.
A verdict of accidental death was recorded at an inquest into his death in Oxford on Friday.
His family said they felt "serious mistakes" were made and they are determined that "lessons should be learned" for the sake of others.
Oxford Coroner's Court heard how Guy Evans was riding with three of his friends when the accident happened.
Matthew John, who had been riding behind him when he crashed told the inquest: "It was as if the bike just fell over and went into the ditch.
"In our view, the advice given was muddled, inappropriate and inadequate."
Guy Evan's mother
"He was face down in the ditch. It was as if he was still on the bike. The bike was in the ditch with him."
His friends called the emergency services. But by the time they arrived he had died. The cause of death was found to be asphyxiation.
The inquest heard he may have had an unknown heart problem and the accident happened when he fainted or lost consciousness.
Guy's mother, Beth Chesney-Evans, said she felt it was clear from the evidence heard in court that "basic first aid would have saved him".
She criticised the way the emergency call was handled by the 999 operator.
"The boys remained calm and did exactly what they were told to do," she said.
"In our view, the advice given was muddled, inappropriate and inadequate.
"In the six or so minutes of the 999 call our son suffocated to death.
"To us this is simply unacceptable."
In a statement, a spokesperson for South Central Ambulance Service said: "This is a tragic situation and our thoughts are with the family of the young man who lost his life in such difficult circumstances.
"We will be holding a full investigation into this particular incident and any areas identified for improvement will be acted on accordingly."